Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Donating to Charities

Dear Families of Walled Lake and Wixom,

I helped the Hospitality House a couple of weeks ago, it was a real eye-opener. What if you were on the streets and didn’t have a home or even any food? I am very thankful that I have food and a roof over my head. Some people don’t even have a roof over there head and live on the streets and no one helps them at all. You should help the Hospitality House by donating food, financial donations or even taking your time out of the day to help volunteer.
All communities have people in need. When you are helping a charity don’t think about your self, think about the children in need. In 2008, the Walled Lake Hospitality House from January to September has helped over 4,000 children. I was shocked at this number; these are kids that I go to school with. I never thought that students around me might need food.
Times are really tough right now but this is the best time to help the Hospitality House. You’re not just helping the needy; you’re helping your self. You can also help the needy by donating your time. If you think it isn’t important to donate, then you should try it because it will change your life forever. It really changed my life when I donated food to the Hospitality House. I didn’t realize so many people in my community needed help; I started thinking about others before myself.
You don’t have to donate to Hospitality House; you could donate to any of the charities around your area. Recently, I helped my church by making sandwiches for the homeless. I thought this was a really great way to help others. If your church ever has a week where the homeless come and stay, help them out so they have food. My family was very proud of what we. We spent Sunday night at our church making a difference by helping those in need.
When the whole 5th grade went to the Hospitality House we donated 970 pounds of food. It was another life changing experience. I will never forget this experience. I would love to do that again with the 5th grade. You should help the Hospitality House by donating your time, finical donation, and of course food.


Sincerely,



Maddie B.

1 comment:

  1. Maddie,

    I was very impressed with your comments about helping those around us. So often we get caught up in our own lives and forget that there are others who do not have as much as we do. I am glad this experience has opened your eyes and changed the way that you think. It is very important to help others through donations and our time. I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete