Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Terrarium

In science we made terrariums. To make a terrarium you need to have a plastic container, soil, water, plants, and bugs if you choose. You need to make sure that your plants have room so that they won't be crowed. When your plant have been planted you need to water them right away if you wan them to grow and then you have to stick saran wrap over it. Let is set for like 2-3 days so you can then see condensation on the plastic container and the saran wrap.


If you don't know the answer to how much soil should be on top of the seeds is that you should only put 1-2 inches of soil on top of the seed so they can sprout easier then putting 3-4 inches or more soil on top.

In my terrarium I put barley, corn, pea, clover, radish seeds. I picked 3 seed that I wanted to have 2 seed and the other 2 seeds that I didn't pick only had 1 seed instead of 2. The plant in my terrarium that is the tallest is barley and corn. Our smallest plant is the pea because it hasn't really grew that much since we have water it. My terrarium is going really good but I really wish that my pea plant would grow more instead of just sitting in the ground.


We did runways also for science me and my partner tested to see if the isopods would rather have dark vs. light with wet soil on both sides of the runway. I had fun. I was so glad that I didn't have to touch the isopods either did my partner. My teaacher picked out the bugs for us. I was really glad.

I really have liked the terrariums so far in this unit. My teacher is the best sicenice teacher in the world for this unit and all the other units that we have learned so far this year.





3 comments:

  1. Love ur terrarium post. Keep up the good work Maddie!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete